Keep the condom in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight.
Keep the condom in its original packaging and preferably in a box or a card envelope or similar to avoid piercing it.
- Keep the condom in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight.
- Never use a condom with damaged packaging or with an out of date expiry date.
- Never use two condoms one on top of the other. Instead of being safer, it risks breaking the latex.
- Avoid handling the condom with rings or damaged nails as you might pierce it.
- If you want to use a lubricant, always use a water or silicone based lubricant.
- Never use oil based lubricants such as Vaseline, butter, oil or hand cream. The latex cannot withstand those products.
- A condom can only be used once.
- Put the condom on when the penis is fully erect and before any contact between the penis and the partner's body. The liquid emitted during the initial encounters may contain sperm or infectious germs.
- Carefully open the packaging by tearing it on one side. Make sure that the condom inside is not damaged.
- Air inside the condom may cause it to break. Make sure therefore to hold it carefully between the fingers at the top of the condom (the tip) to expel the air. Put the condom on the top of the erect penis. Make sure that the part to be unrolled is on the outside.
- While keeping the tip held between the fingers, use the other hand to continue to unroll the condom fully down the length of the penis. For anal use, it is vital that enough water-based lubricant is used to stop the condom from tearing or slipping. If the condom starts to slip off, do not take any chances. Use a new condom. If the condom comes off completely, put a new one on before continuing to have sex.
- Pull out after ejaculation and before the end of the erection while holding the condom at the base of the penis. Wait until the penis is fully removed before taking off the condom. Again, make sure to avoid any contact of the penis and used condom with the partner's body.
- Throw the condom away hygienically: roll it up in paper and put it in the bin. Do not throw down the toilet.